Our Privacy Practices
Pan-American Life Insurance Group (PALIG) and its affiliated companies are highly committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and the security of all confidential information entrusted to us. Depending on which of our products and services you ask us about, buy or use, different affiliated companies within our group will process your information.
This general privacy statement serves as a summary of our privacy practices, and serves to briefly notify you of the information we collect about you, how we use it, how we protect it, and your rights. For more details on the specific policies or practices that may apply to you, please select the appropriate country from the menu at the top of the page.
Information Collection, Protection, and Sharing
- We collect personal information in connection with the products and services we offer. This may include information we receive on applications and other forms, such as name, date of birth, contact information, tax identification number, social security number, cedula or other government issued identification number, assets and income, medical and financial information, information about your transactions with our affiliated companies and information we receive from third-parties, including consumer reporting and inspection services.
- We process your data when necessary to provide the services set out in a contract, when it is in our or a third-party’s legitimate interests, or when it is required or allowed by applicable law. When we process your sensitive personal data, it will be in line with applicable law, as necessary to provide you with our services, or with your permission.
- We will not rent or sell personal information to others but we may share your information as necessary within the PALIG Group, with relevant policyholders, and with our business associates who help us provide services to you. We will only share your information as allowed under applicable law.
- We are a global company, and where necessary we may allow your information to be shared with our affiliates or third-party service providers based in the United States and other countries. We will take steps to make sure that appropriate protection is in place to protect your information when it is transferred internationally.
- We keep your personal information in line with appropriate retention periods. The length of these periods is determined by relevant regulations, the information collected, and our obligations to you as a customer.
- We restrict access to your personal information only to those employees who need to know that information to provide product and services to you.
- Protecting your information is of the utmost importance to us. We use technical and physical safeguards to protect the security of your personal information from unauthorized disclosure. We also take every step to ensure that only authorized employees and third-parties with legitimate purposes have access to your personal information.
Your Privacy Rights
- You have the right to access your information and request corrections to your data.
- You may also have the right to object to our use of our information, to request the transfer of information you have provided, to withdraw permission for our use of your information, and to ask us not to use automated decision-making which will affect you.
- However, certain exceptions apply to these rights.
We may change our privacy practices to comply with applicable regulations. When we do, we will revise the “last update” date at the bottom of the statement.
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice or PALIG’s privacy practices, please contact our Global Privacy Office at email@example.com or by mail at:
Pan-American Life Insurance Group
Attn: Global Privacy Office
601 Poydras Street, 15th Floor,
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
Last updated on October 1, 2018.