30 May 2017
10 Steps to a Healthier Lifestyle
Licda. Viviana Ovando, Nutritionist
The current lifestyle of developing countries has modified the nutrition economics of the population while decreasing their levels of physical activity.
This combination directly influences people’s eating habits and lifestyle choices, increasing the risk of developing non communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Cardiovascular disease
To fight NCDs, the World Health Organization has created a strategy to promote healthy eating habits and encourage physical activity in the countries with a higher incidence rate. Their goals are:
- Implementing public health measures that reduce the risk of contracting diseases associated with malnutrition and physical inactivity
- Offering education and counseling about healthy eating habits, and the importance of physical activity
- Promoting research related to healthy eating and physical activity
How to promote a healthy lifestyle?
- - sugar
- - salt
- – processed foods
- – saturated fats
- + fruits
- + vegetables
- + whole grains
- + non-processed foods
- + 30 min. of exercise daily
- + between 7 and 8 hours of sleep
Today is a good day to implement better habits and lead a healthier lifestyle!