- Will Pan-American’s Individual Life Insurance policies cover Coronavirus COVID-19?
Unless your Individual Life Insurance policy has an exclusion clause relevant to epidemics and an epidemic has been declared by the Ministry of Health, you will be covered subject to the terms and conditions of your policy contract. Generally, Pan-American’s Individual Life Insurance policies do not contain such exclusions, but you are kindly asked to refer to the specific terms and conditions outlined in your policy contract that apply to you.
- Will Pan-American’s Life’s Individual Personal Accident policies cover Coronavirus COVID-19?
Individual Personal Accident Policies by their nature are meant to cover accidental loss. These products, generally, are not primarily designed to cover sickness, as such; several of Pan-American Life’s Individual Personal Accident policies contain either an epidemic exclusion or an exclusion for loss caused by infections or diseases. Where such exclusions are not applicable, some Individual Personal Accident policies carry a waiting and/or elimination period, which may apply to disability and hospitalization (including convalescent care) benefits. You are therefore kindly asked to refer to the specific terms and conditions outlined in your policy contract that apply to you.
- If I am diagnosed with Coronavirus COVID-19, will it prevent me from obtaining Individual Life insurance coverage in the future?
No, there will however be a postponement period of one (1) month from the last date of treatment and/or symptoms, after which your policy of insurance can be underwritten or become effective.
- If I am overseas and contract Coronavirus COVID-19, will my insurance policy cover it?
This depends on the type of policy you have; that is, if your policy does not specifically exclude epidemics, you will be covered. Please note however, that policy benefits may be subject to specific waiting and/or elimination periods.
- If I am already overseas with a Pan-American Life Travel Care travel insurance policy and contract Coronavirus COVID-19, will it be covered?
There are no Coronavirus COVID-19 related exclusions in your Travel Care Policy. If you are overseas and contract Coronavirus COVID-19, you will therefore be covered under your Travel Care policy, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy contract.
- If I have a Pan-American Life Travel Care travel insurance plan and I cancel my trip because of Coronavirus COVID-19, will the premium be refunded?
Yes, your premium will be refunded; however, you will need to provide proof of the cancellation. Please contact our office to arrange your refund at RPaula@palig.com or via telephone at +297 582 1184.
- If I am quarantined while overseas, will coverage under my Pan-American Life Travel Care travel insurance policy be extended?
If you are subjected to a mandatory quarantine and/or if your return journey is delayed beyond the original return date due to circumstances beyond your control, then the period of cover will be extended until your journey is completed, following our receipt of the requisite documentation to substantiate your circumstances. Please contact us at RPaula@palig.com or via telephone at +297 582 1184 to discuss your circumstances.
- If I have a Pan-American Life Travel Care travel insurance policy, am I covered if I travel to a country for which a travel advisory was issued?
If you were previously issued a policy to a country where a travel advisory was issued you would be covered, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy contract. We remind you however that as stated in your Travel Care policy contract, coverage does not extend to Cuba and North Korea. Please refer to your contract.
- If I have a Pan-American Life Travel Care travel insurance policy and get the Coronavirus COVID-19 while overseas, do I have coverage for emergency evacuation?
Yes, medical evacuation that is medically necessary is covered under Pan-American Life’s Travel Care policies.
- Is there a special number to call to discuss Coronavirus COVID-19- related questions as it pertains to my coverage?
You may contact Pan-American Life via telephone at +297 582 1184, visit www.palig.com or contact a Pan-American Life sales representative to address any questions you may have relevant to your insurance coverage with Pan-American Life.
- If Pan-American Life’s offices close or have to operate with a skeleton staff, how can I pay my premiums?
You can always pay your premium by online banking. In case you do not have our banking details, we kindly request you to contact your agent or send an email to RPaula@palig.com. For clients that typically pay by cheque or cash, you can contact our Customer Service Department at +297 582 1184 or email at RPaula@palig.com.
- Can transactions be conducted without coming into the office?
You may contact your agent to facilitate the completion and submission of any requisite forms for transactions or service requests.
- If I normally pay premiums over the counter and I am quarantined due to the Coronavirus COVID-19, will there be any extension of the grace period to pay my premium?
We have implemented an extension of our grace period up to 90 days for our Traditional Life and Personal Accident Policies only; policies will not be lapsed during this period. This however does not apply to our Annuities, and IMM products.
- Will claims turnaround times be affected?
No, at this point there is minimal to no disruption in expected claims turnaround times.
- Has Pan-American Life put measures into place, to ensure that service is not disrupted during this time?
Yes, we have implemented measures to ensure minimal disruption to service continuity during this period. Presently, our office remains open to serving customers. However, if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we ask that you contact us by phone at +297 582 1184 so that we can make alternate arrangements to accommodate you.
- Can I expect the same level of service during the next few weeks?
We are aiming to continue to provide efficient service to our clients. However, for financial transactions (loans, dividends, refunds, etc.), there may be a delay in the turnaround time for customers to receive their cheques, as such, we encourage you to utilize the wire transfer facilities.
- What additional measures is Pan-American Life taking to ensure that customer spaces are properly sanitized?
All customer interfacing areas will be regularly sanitized throughout the day. Hand sanitizers are available at our office and we have a panel that separates our customers from our employees. We have also limited the number of persons gathering to no more than one (1) at our office.
The information provided in this NB Q&A is current as of May 04, 2020.