15 May 2023
Newly Renovated PALIG Headquarters in New Orleans Designed to Inspire Collaboration, Flexibility and Well-Being
New Orleans, LA – May 15, 2023– Today, Pan-American Life Insurance Group (PALIG), a leading provider of life, accident, and health insurance throughout the Americas and the fifth largest employer in New Orleans, officially welcomed employees to a newly remodeled headquarters at their current location in the New Orleans Central Business District, at 601 Poydras Street.
The space was redesigned to improve all aspects of the business, including inspiring areas that draw people in, engage and support resetting, and are accessible and open to creating and connecting. By moving from “me” to “we” spaces, PALIG now provides more than 300 local employees a workspace that cultivates collaboration within the hybrid and flexible work model.
“Flexibility and well-being have become non-negotiables for the modern and future workforce, and the freshly designed PALIG office reaffirms our commitment to a flexible and hybrid workplace. The new space is a destination that strengthens our culture and sense of community, integral to employee engagement and mental health,” said José S. Suquet, Chairman of the Board and CEO. “Embracing, adapting and implementing the hybrid model at our remodeled headquarters enhances the workplace experience for our employees, partners, clients and guests when meeting and collaborating in the office.”
Designed by VergesRome Architects, the new office was inspired by and proudly portrays the PALIG brand, mission and values – meeting the needs of our people and providing peace of mind. It features inviting settings where employees and guests can restore, reset, and reinvigorate such as:
- Focus Booths: Privacy booths and quiet workspaces to improve concentration and productivity.
- Collaboration & Project Spaces: Private and open areas to facilitate in-person and virtual meetings.
- Creative Nooks: Well-lit spaces with floor-to-ceiling whiteboards and comfortable furniture to inspire creative ideas during brainstorming and collaboration.
- Learning & Development Rooms: Engaging, hands-on learning spaces to encourage and nurture a culture of continual upskilling and learning.
- Socialization Hubs: Designated areas to meet informally for spontaneous socialization and idea exchange.
With sustainability in mind, the remodeling investment of $2.2 million includes 65,885 square feet of open space and was constructed using high-performing materials – such as aluminum, cotton denim insulation and timber – that meet stringent structural and environmental criteria. This ensures a healthy and sustainable work environment for employees, guests and clients. In addition to sustainable materials, furniture features include:
- MultiGeneration by Knoll® Hybrid Base seating that facilitates natural movement, and enables focus, interaction and communication.
- Knoll k. stand height-adjustable tables that offer flexibility that contribute to individual and organizational well-being, engagement and productivity.
To learn more about career opportunities at PALIG, visit us here.
About Pan-American Life Insurance Group
Pan-American Life Insurance Group (PALIG), a leading provider of life, accident and health insurance throughout the Americas, has been delivering trusted financial services since 1911. The New Orleans-based Group is comprised of more than twenty-member companies, employs more than 2,100 worldwide and offers top-rated individual and/or group life, accident and health insurance, employee benefits and financial services in 49 states, the District of Columbia (DC), Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. The Group has branches and affiliates in Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, and 13 Caribbean markets, including Barbados, Cayman Islands, Curacao and Trinidad and Tobago. For more information, visit the Pan-American Life website at palig.com, like us on Facebook @PanAmericanLife, follow us on Twitter @PanAmericanLife, and connect with us on LinkedIn at Pan-American Life Insurance Group.